2256 W. Roscoe St. Coach House Chicago, IL 60618 email@example.com
VP, Engineering / Lead Architect
skinnyCorp/threadless.com Chicago, IL 2009-2010
Responsible for technical direction of skinnyCorp/threadless.com properties, all code, and management of technical staff.
- Architected full RESTful API (unreleased).
- Initiated performance reviews for all front and backend code.
- Mentored/Advised technology team.
- Facilitated weekly code reviews, technical discussion.
- Led recruitment efforts leading to doubling of technical staff.
Director of Software Development
skinnyCorp/threadless.com Chicago, IL 2008-2009
Responsible for all front and backend code for the Threadless family of sites. Directly manage a team of six developers in maintaining and developing all aspects of the threadless family of sites. Mentor development team in PHP, CSS, HTML, and JS best practices. Develop internal coding standards, lead code reviews, develop deployment and testing strategies for entire suite of sites and applications.
(PHP, mySQL, CSS, JS, APIs, memcache)
- Shared stateless session across domains.
- Rearchitected to safely share codebase and templates.
- Rearchitected database to ensure data integrity.
- Implemented ActivityStream logging.
Twitter Tees Twitter based slogan tees.(PHP, oAuth, memcache)
- Full featured twitter client.
- Voting/authorization using twitter identity.
- Full integration with threadless.com systems and codebase.
skinnyCorp/threadless.com Chicago, IL 2007-2008
Responsible for refactoring front and backend code for the Threadless family of sites.
Threadless.com eCommerce Systems Architected and developed modular eCommerce system.(PHP, mySQL)
- Rearchitected to allow use on multiple internal sites.
- Architected full RESTful commerce API (full feature set available via API, internal only).
- Full integration with existing custom fulfillment and customer service systems.
threadless.com Massive OO Refactoring.(PHP, mySQL, CSS, JS, APIs)
- Advanced PHP optimization/ Object Oriented refactoring.
- CSS refactoring towards reuse and simplicity.
- Reduced page size significantly by properly externalizing and refactoring CSS.
- mySQL query optimization.
- Consume and create internal RESTful API endpoints.
Crate&Barrel Northbrook, IL 2000-2007
Responsible for developing highly scalable Windows client applications. Responsible for the redesign and rearchitecting of several internal data intensive web applications. Mentor development team in CSS, HTML, and JS best practices.
Cratetracker Redeveloped internal logistics/asset tracking site.(ASP.NET 2.0, CSS, XHTML 1.1 Transitional)
- Completely redeveloped frontend, using standards based, CSS layout.
- Implemented autosuggest functionality using AJAX.
- Refactored ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) backend to take advantage of AJAX additions.
- Reduced average total page size from 750K to 35K, and average user bandwith transfer from 6MB to 175K.
CCIPOS Developed massive POS system.(C# 1.1, C# 2.0, XML, XSLT)
- Wrote communications libraries for printers, cash drawer, MSR, currency scale, etc.
- In charge of all testing, debugging, development for all peripherals.
- Wrote algorithm for translating transaction data (XML) to: epson bytes/GDI drawn reports/XSLT webpages.
- Developed tools for monitoring registers across the entire chain, making use of integrated webservices.
- Integrated external tools into our application, including fingerprint scanner.
- Developed algorithm for assigning set discounts, to maximize discount for customers.
- Converted prototype (VB6) signature capture algorithm to C# 2.0.
- Developed tools for monitoring and deploying updates.
- Maintained testing suite and managed over 1,500 unittests, 300 GUI tests and 100 full user stories.
Forecasting/Ordering Model Developed demand forecasting tool.(Access 97 - VBA)
- Integrated external statistical analysis tool to create baseline forecasts.
- Designed and implemented full forecasting and ordering model.
- Created algorithms to adjust demand forecasts based on individual SKUs, classes, etc.
- Developed tools to best implement demand adjustment algorithms.
- Advanced Beard Growing
- C# (1.1 & 2.0)
- Chirp - Twitter Developer Conference (2010)
- SxSWi (2009)
- ORDCamp - Midwest unconference with technical bent (2009, 2010)
- BarCamp Chicago (2008)
- mySQL Users Conference (2008)
- mySQL for DBAs Training (2008)
- Web Developer Makeover: A hands on, intensive workshop on Ruby on Rails specifically geared for current Microsoft developers. (2007)
Education:University of California at Berkeley Berkeley, CA 1997-1998
- Followed a general course of study, preparing for a focus on higher pure mathematics and philosophy.
- Completed twenty-six units and awarded an additional twenty-seven for Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate exams.